Monday, April 28, 2008

CHAPTER TWO

EGO: THE CURRENT STATE OF HUMANITY...

We have been taught to label everything, believing that what you have attached a word to something, you know what it is. The fact is: You don't know what it is. You have only covered up the mystery with a label...
When you look at things or hold it and LET IT BE without imposing a word or mental label on it,
a sense of awe, of wonder, arises within you. Its essence silently communicates itself to you and reflects your own essence back to you..

Of course we have use words and thought. They have their own beauty---- but do we need to become imprisoned in them.
Words could never explain who we are, or the ultimate purpose of the universe, or even what a tree or stone is in its depth..

I , me, mine are our egos not the witness behind the I.....
The ego tells us who we are, by our work, our history, our story. This is not who we really are.
The ego deals in history and the future not in the present, in the moment..
Learning to live in the moment not our story or what we did, what will do..
Just living one moment at a time.....

Once you awaken, you still use the word "I" but it will come from a deeper place within yourself.

The ego mind is completely conditioned by the past. Its conditioning is twofold: It consist of content (where you come from) and structure (the ego attached itself to it),,

A spiritual practice: Investigate my relationship with the world of things through self-observation, things that are designated with "my"...
You can value and care for things, but when you get attached to them, I will know it ego.
The ego isn't wrong; its just unconscious..

2 comments:

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

This was a beautiful post. Thank You! I've been thinking about ego a lot lately and how it's been shaped my my unconscious thoughts & past & how I'm holding myself back with it. Thank you so much for sharing this. :O) Namaste!

Carlos Lorenzo said...

Thanks. I am of the stubborn kind that is reluctant to openly accept spirituality but secretly embrace any clue that reveals that life is not just what it seems to be. What you say is so true! But then again, when I am writing this my ego is with me, I cannot get rid of it. It is talking to me about my past and my future constantly. As you say, it is an unconscious process. Although at certain moments I am aware that it is doing it. How can I sit and separate content from the structure?